The US FDA Approves many Cochlear (brand) implants for 1.5T MRI with magnet in place with the use of the Cochlear Nucleus Implant Bandage and Splint Kit, and for 3.0T MRI with magnet removed.
The following Nucleus Profile and Freedom implants are covered with this approval:
• Nucleus Profile: CI512, CI522, CI532
• Nucleus CI24RE: CI422, CI24REH, CI24RE(CA), and CI24RE(ST)
*Does not apply to CI24R, CI24M, CI22M
FDA notice of PMA supplement approval
Credits to Bob MacPherson for coming up with the scoop!
Congratulations to the 2013 Graeme Clark Scholarship Winners!
Some details about the scholarship:
Who is eligible for the program?
- Scholarship applicants must have Nucleus Cochlear Implant.
- Available to those currently completing their final year of high school, to mature aged students who have been accepted into a university, and to current undergraduate and graduate university students.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied or be enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Scholarship applicants must receive a 2.5 GPA or better to enroll for and maintain the scholarship.
What is the value of the scholarship award?
- Scholarship value is $2,000 per year for up to four years, assuming the scholarship recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA or better.
- Scholarship is paid in annual installments on the completion of each year of study.
Entries for next year’s scholarship will be accepted beginning in March 2013. Check here for details!