CochlearImplantHELP is here to help you wherever you are in your cochlear implant journey. Whether you are just starting to research about a cochlear implant online, or are a seasoned user looking for ways to connect to your favorite piece of electronic equipment, CochlearImplantHELP has what you need.
What this site is for and why it’s important:
- Know that you aren’t alone! Whether you or a family member already has an implant or two, or you are considering one for yourself or a child, others have been there before you.
- Clarify the assessment process used to determine whether you are a candidate.
- Provide a starting point for navigating the often complicated maze of insurance coverage.
- Help you to decide which implant to partner with for the rest of your life.
- What to expect before, during, and after surgery, and lots of helpful tips from people who have been there.
- What to expect at activation. Read about some of the range of experiences others have had.
- Learn how to use your implant in different situations such as watching TV and using the telephone. Hearing with a cochlear implant is a lifelong learning process. We have lots of resources to help you.
- Helpful tips for traveling with an implant. Learn how to pack, avoid delays in security, and not get caught with dead batteries.
Get started now! Jump onto the Journey and find out where you are!